[nycphp-talk] Oracle NLS_LANG problem: ADD

Jeremy Hise jhise at linuxforbusiness.org
Wed Jun 19 13:18:25 EDT 2002

Ok. I figured out the problem.

For some reason, the Oracle on NT (where the database actually was) had:
	ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data

But on the RH box, the oracle install script had set it to:
	ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/oracle

So, I went and simple changed the /oracle to /data

And my day just got a hell of a lot better.

As the great Homer says:
	WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO

I do have the following in my apachectl script:

export ORACLE_BASE=/ora8/m01/app/oracle
export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/product/8.1.6
export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/lib:/usr
export ORACLE_SID=ora8
export ORACLE_TERM=vt100
export ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1

I really hope this helps others.

Thanks!

Jeremy