[nycphp-talk] testers wanted - phpguardian.com

ophir prusak prutwo at onebox.com
Thu Jun 20 09:01:32 EDT 2002

In a perfect world :
1. No one would use software they didn't pay for or use it beyond the
licesnse agreement they purchased.
2. Everyone could distribute source code with their application.

But, we don't live in a perfect world.
We live in a world where the majority of napster users honestly think
they're not doing anything wrong.
We live in a world where most people don't think much of copying a program
from a friend, or downloading a crack, serial, etc.

I'm a strong believer of open source, and I think it makes sense (even
business sense) for many types of software and projects.

I'm also a strong beleiver in people getting paid for their work.
When I'm doing a project there's a difference if I'm selling my (source)
code or I'm selling a solution.

As long as their are people using software they didn't pay for (or in
a way/amount they didn't pay for) - we'll need ways to help protect people
who write software from being abused. This includes products like Zend
Encoder (and others).