[nycphp-talk] PHP code to get BitRate

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Wed May 8 22:23:37 EDT 2002

Unless there's a clever way of doing it, I'd imagine you'd have to know
the internal structure of MP3 files.  Then, step through the bytes to
read what info you need, in this case the bitrate.  A quick google for
the "MP3 specification" produced:

http://www.id3.org/mp3frame.html

I've recently seen a similar set of code.  Although it deals with tar
files, the principles will be the same; that of walking through binary
files.  I've the attached the file (plus I want to test the system
out!).

Hans Z.

http://shopping.yahoo.com