XMLRPC and Linig for your birdcage

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 16:13:43 EDT 2002

This post is basically meaningless, but I wanted to show off my amazing
Visio skills :->.  I've attached a .jpg that shows the basic structure
of NYPHP.org's backend, including list and authentication.

Right now, the site is "hosted" on two servers.  The .html is served
from nyphp.org, but the core code resides on a remote server.  There's
not much sense in this at this point, however, I'm curious as to
anyone's expierence with XMLRPC in PHP - solid, reliable implementation
yet?

Currently, the Parasite Host acts, very minimally, as a web service,
providing an authentication/app framework to what could be any number
of Parasites.  I'm using a homegrown RPC structure now, however would
like to move to XMLRPC for standardization reasons.

The diagram is poor, the organization is weak and the cliches are
cheesy, but if you print it out and put it on the bottom of a birdcage,
it might keep a parrot busy for a few minutes.

Hans Z.