[nycphp-talk] XMLRPC and Linig for your birdcage

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 19:36:27 EDT 2002

--- David Sklar <sklar at sklar.com> wrote:
> I guess bloat is relative, but I don't think you're going to notice
> it until
> you start doing a lot of simultaneous transactions.
> As for encryption, if you want to avoid SSL (to not buy
> certificates?) you
> can set up port forwarding with ssh between a port on the client
> machine and
> the port the web server is listening on on the server.

I guess my thinking here will be the ability to provide a drop-in
solution, making implementation as easy as possible for the end-user.
So, for example, someone has their own site that they want to add user
auth. to.  Ideally, they can subscribe to a free service, download a
PHP library file (or a PHP extension at some point), make a single
tweak to Apache for the site they want to protect, and they have user
auth., tracking, etc.  I guess XMLRPC caught my eye because of it's
directness.  Maybe an application implemented encryption scheme would
be easiest at first.

Hans Z.