[nycphp-talk] Seeking Info.

Brent Baisley brent at landover.com
Wed May 22 15:16:14 EDT 2002

I'm new to MySQL and PHP too, but not new to databases and programming. I
started with MySQL by Paul DuBois, which also briefly goes into interfacing
PHP, Perl and C with MySQL. I thought it was an excellent book for beginners
and intermediates. It starts with your typical relational database design
tutorial, which you can skip, but also includes security guidelines and
database maintenance. It's pretty thorough if you are looking to get
started.

I bought another book at the same time called PHP and MySQL Web Development
by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson. It's ok, but could be organized better.
It's one of those "SAMS" books, which I never liked. I should have known
better.

I'm sorry I won't be able to make tonight's meeting, I just started looking
into PEAR and am a little lost so far.

--
Brent Baisley
Systems Architect