[nycphp-talk] Making URLs Search Engine Friendly - Follow Up

Andrew M. Yochum andrew at digitalpulp.com
Thu May 23 11:51:27 EDT 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, ophir prusak wrote:

> As in the nature of yesterday's presentation - does anyone know what
> error you get and why it doesn't work with cgi versions of PHP ?

In your apache error log you get a message like:
[Thu May 23 10:36:46 2002] [error] [client 209.176.7.100] Premature end of script headers: /www/cgi-bin/php
and a 500 Internal server error is shot to the browser.

I haven't dug around to find out exactly WHY this is, but here's
what I've gathered from my experience with it. It seems that the
PHP binary is passed the path of the script to run, which will
include the PATH_INFO.  So when it tries to execute it, it dies
because there is no script named that.  PHP should parse that
path to the first script it finds and treat the rest as PATH_INFO
data.... but it doesn't.

Anyone have any more insight into this?

Andrew

--