[nycphp-talk] PHP Training

bruce at mtiglobal.com bruce at mtiglobal.com
Thu Nov 7 07:25:13 EST 2002

If you can't find a class on PHP try taking any intro to programming
class.  What I find is that the important part is the thought process.
Once you understand different thought processes, whether it be control
structures or OO design or security, or whatever, although different
languages or operating systems do things differently, if you have a good
foundation, than you will be in a good position to pick up a book for the
specific language and find out the exact syntax.

Sure, there is a huge difference between MS Access and Oracle, but they
are both relational databases.  If you don't understand how a RDBS works
then you will have difficulty using both.  If you understand and know
standard SQL, then using either of these or MS Sequel Server of MySQL will
be quite simple with the addition of a book detailing the specifics of the
syntax for that system.  As with databases, same with server side and
client side scripting langauges.

- Bruce