[nycphp-talk] OT: Apache Redirection

Adam Fields fields at surgam.net
Tue Nov 19 10:45:05 EST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 10:15:51AM -0500, evan heller wrote:
> Question -
>
> Does anybody know to to use apache to do the
> following:
>
> redirect all requests for
> http://webmail.mydomain.com/ to
> http://mydomain.com:8001/
>
> Here's the problem, since I can do this at the dns
> level without some sort of dirty coding or using
> linux (yes, I'm a windows user) I figured maybe
> the virtual hosting or url-rewriting features of
> apache could do it for me. Any suggestions?

Yeah, you should be able to do this with something like:

<VirtualHost webmail.mydomain.com>
Redirect / http://mydomain.com:8001/
</VirtualHost>

There's a good description here:

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue61/nielsen2.html

--
				- Adam

-----
Adam Fields, Managing Partner, fields at surgam.net
Surgam, Inc. is a technology consulting firm with strong background in
delivering scalable and robust enterprise web and IT applications.
http://www.adamfields.com