[nycphp-talk] OT: Apache Redirection

Adam Fields fields at surgam.net
Tue Nov 19 12:49:55 EST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 11:58:54AM -0500, evan heller wrote:
> Actually now I have one more question:
>

> I'm currently running multiple virtual hosts using
> the <VirtualHost *> directive
> So, if I would like to redirect all
> http://webmail.* to mydomain.com:8001 how would I
> do this?
> Like so?
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> ServerAlias webmail.*
> Redirect / http://mydomain.com:8001/
> </VirtualHost>

I don't believe you can use a wildcard in the ServerAlias directive,
but I've never tried. I think you have to name the aliases explicitly,
and I don't know if you can specify just aliases without a ServerName.

--
				- Adam

-----
Adam Fields, Managing Partner, fields at surgam.net
Surgam, Inc. is a technology consulting firm with strong background in
delivering scalable and robust enterprise web and IT applications.
http://www.adamfields.com