New project

Jonathan Rury ruryj at vuser.vu.union.edu
Thu Nov 21 14:30:13 EST 2002

Greetings!

This isn't entirely PHP related but I thought it might be worth asking since
it does fall into a similar realm. What I am looking to do is design and
implement a scripting language that would be embedded in HTML. The first
step I've decided on for this is to try to get a hold on is information
about how one goes about getting a compiled binary and Apache to coexist
happily. Obviously PHP is a great example of this and looking at the source
will be a good way to start but I was wondering if anyone knows of any books
that specifically deal with this issue; not neccescarily a book on this
specific problem but more a reference on dealing with Apache (it's the only
web server I'll be supporting for the time being - think small, right?) and
the issues that come with that. Any suggestions would be a great help so
thanks.

Jonathan