[nycphp-talk] New York PHP become the Official Zend Beta Tester Gang!!

Shawn Lawyer shawn at shawnlawyer.com
Mon Nov 11 14:44:44 EST 2002

I had no issues with Zend studio. I said this many times before, it's my
editor of choice for php. the only part I have a problem with is the
language it's written in. I'm all for java but, not on a full scale dev
studio
like this. it's starts, runs and closes slower than any other dev studio
I've
ever used and uses up so many resources on my puter,so even with 512
on a P3 1.2ghz I can't run and do as many things as I like at once without
drastically slowing down ZS. now like I said it's a good program and it's
not Zend's fault that my computer isn't fast enough to run ZS efficiently,
but
I think there whole way of doing it is wrong. what's even funnier, the only
reason I could see using java for this would be cross platform usage but
if that was the case it's would be a all java.swing even thought's uses
some classes form java.lang. so my whole point is why use an os
independent language if you're going to write os dependant code.
shawn lawyer