mysql design tools

Carlos A Hoyos cahoyos at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 2 16:24:45 EDT 2002

As much as I enjoy typing "create table...", "show index...",  in mysql,
when big projects come, I wish I had something similar to (CA's) ERwin,
that allows you to create and maintain your db out of data diagrams (pretty
handy when you have multiple developers. Just print an oversized copy and
paste it to the wall in front of you).

Being an industrial tool (and industrially priced), CA didn't even bother
making drivers for a "free db" like mysql.

So, my question is, does anybody know any data model design/management
tool with mysql (or postgresql) support ?
(I'm looking for some graphical ide to separate logical from physical
models, and not an admin tool like phpmyadmin)

btw... if anybody's going to the php meetup for the first time, here are
some pictures of the place/last meeting
http://www.remotelounge.com/consolePhotos/index.php?directoryOfChoice=09-05-2002&month=9&year=2002
not everybody featured is a php programmer... just some of channels 4 and 6