[nycphp-talk] Scaling LAMP Architecture

chalu chalu at egenius.com
Wed Oct 9 16:00:47 EDT 2002

Hans Zaunere wrote:

>--- Larry Chuon <LarryC at indexstock.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Does anybody have any experiences designing LAMP for a large
>>environment?
>>

>Yeah, more or less.

Hi Larry. There are much experiences of designing LAMP for large
environments. Look at SQLRelay and Apache Proxy.

Using these, you can do;
1. content redirection
2. content caching
3. database connection and caching

There are a number of packages to do load-balancing of database server
as well as application servers in this regard.

>>As far as I know, LAMP is a 2-tier architecture.
>>

>2? I swore I saw about a dozen tiers running around the office today.

;-)

>>There isn't an application server such as JBOSS, Weblogic, or Zope
>>that sits in between.
>>

>It's a do it yourself type of deal, which IMHO is better.

Look at SQLRelay...

>>Any suggestion on how to go about this problem is greatly
>>

>appreciated.
>
>Not personal experience, but maybe these are helpful:
>http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/tutsweatpart1.php
>http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/tutsweatpart2.php
>

>>By the way, this is in reference to osCommece and Nola integration.
>>The integration is about 95% done.  We are dressing it up now.
>>Hopefully, we can release the product to the public domain within a
>>month or two. If you want to sign up for a test drive of a fully
>>integrated ERP and eCom system, please send me an email.  Our next
>>goal is to integrate or build our own CRM/XRM module.  Once again, if
>>you are interested in helping out, please email me.
>>

>Sounds interesting.. maybe you and your team would like to give a
>presentation some time.

Is this open-source or just an implementation of osCommerce/Nola?