[nycphp-talk] Scaling LAMP Architecture

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Thu Oct 10 11:38:08 EDT 2002

David Sklar wrote

>Don't get me wrong, I'm all for using the right tool for the job, and MySQL
>or PHP or Linux or Apache aren't each the right tool for every job. But if
>you're going to insist that PHP or MySQL has problems, please point out
>actual problems, instead of vague assertions.

Yeah I agree, people tend to diss products based on either old info, old
versions, or just bad initial info (did it myself to PHP when came to
crossroads of PHP vs. JSP about a year ago) ... Id also like to hear
what MySQL's problems are as my days of taking time to dabble with
Oracle or Sybase are over :-)

I also can't see how one can find a definitive answer for scaling when
1/2 the equation is based on how much money you put into scaling anyway,
better equipment and more memory will always help any platform
(PHP/J2EE/.Net) ...

- Jon