Graphics with php

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 13:35:51 EDT 2002

[Moved to NYPHP-Talk]

--- elvire dardier <nygini at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am new to this forum and also new to using php. I
> have created a web page that connects to my oracle
> data base, where weather data is stored. Now I also
> want to create graphs. I configured php with gd and
> the recommanded librairies, jpeg, png, zlib,

I haven't used GD in a while (last compile I did with it was when the
libs were still seperate) but I think modern PHP versions come with a
bundled version, which is certainly recommended.

> ..When
> running a small test script, it tells me that it does
> not find imagepng() for instance ( I am on
> sun/solaris).

Hmm... Are you sure the script is running with the PHP binary/module
you think it is?  Is that the only error it gives?  If it couldn't find
the GD libs properly, you should get a different error (if it would
even compile at all).  But this error seems like PHP doesn't even know
this module is available.  Is PNG specifically enabled?  Do any of the
image functions work (getimagesize(),exif_imagetype())?  Are the
constants defined?  Did you compile it as a dynamic module? Did you
load it with dl() if so?

=====
Hans Zaunere
New York PHP