[nycphp-talk] Re: Graphics with php

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 16 17:59:13 EDT 2002

--- elvire dardier <nygini at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Hans,
> Yes, it is the only error that we get in our little
> script im.php:
>
> "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagepng()
> in im.php on line 9
>
>  We tried using getimagesize() and some other
> gd_functions and they were found by php.

Well that's a good sign at least.

> I do not exaclty understand what you mean by enabling
> PNG? We specified PNG directory with the option
> "--with" when configuring php.

--with-gd=/path/to/gd  and  --with-png-dir=/path/to/png

(again, I haven't done this in ages, at may be dated info).

Do other image formats/more intensive functions work?  imagejpeg,
imageline, imagegd?

> What constants should be defined?

IMG_PNG, IMAGETYPE_PNG, etc

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.image.php

Also, are things linked properly? I'm not sure off the cuff how Solaris
does all this, but ldconfig/nm/objdump/ar runs on libphp4.so or php the
binary might show something.

=====
Hans Zaunere
New York PHP