[nycphp-talk] Building trees

max goldberg max at idsociety.com
Wed Oct 16 18:39:24 EDT 2002

I wrote something similar to what you are describing for a personal
project a while back. On the SQL side it's a pretty simple layout,
every record has a parent id, and from that I can figure out all the
children by making a quick and dirty index before hand.

Check out (sorry if the url offends)
http://www.fuck.org/~max/traverse.phps for the example
and http://www.fuck.org/~max/traverse.php for the output.

Sorry if the code is a bit dirty, it's kind of old. =)

-Max