[nycphp-talk] Building trees

Jim Hendricks(Biz Computing) jim at bizcomputinginc.com
Thu Oct 17 07:51:15 EDT 2002

>However, if performance is your goal, I'd say you should be looking at
>HTML caching instead, and not generating the page afresh on each view.

performance isn't my goal other than the general attempt to choose the
best performing solution within all the other constraints. When I was
project lead on many projects at my old business, it saddened me to see
how many programmers forget that performance needs to be a thought in
everything we do lest we produce a great solution but a cludge on
resources and performance.  Without performance as a backthought in all
your decisions, you can also produce a great solution in testing but
performs horibly when put under load, or when the load grows as most
businesses hope.

So far, the performance of my app is stunning, and this is over the web.
 I've been very happy with the performance of PHP when it comes to page
building.