[nycphp-talk] Building trees

Jim Hendricks jim at bizcomputinginc.com
Fri Oct 18 07:10:28 EDT 2002

Kris,

Yes, it was received.  Sorry I didn't comment on it, been busy with trying
to make some money and the Celco solution seemed more like what I was
looking for.  Your solution puts the work burden on the application, Celco's
on the DBMS.  I've found in most cases, if it can be done through a query,
do it through a query, that is usually the best performing, least resource
intense aproach.  It also scales well as the tree grows both in items and in
depth.

Jim

PS.  I see your in Hoboken, wish I could offer you a job, but I'm still too
small at this point.