[nycphp-talk] how to use CVS

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Tue Oct 22 13:41:00 EDT 2002

Hi Phil:

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 01:29:22PM -0400, Phil Powell wrote:
> I am required to use CVS for modifying PHP files, but I know absolutely
> NOTHING about CVS.  Can someone give me a tutorial on how to use it?

Main manual page:
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs.html

The quick guide:
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_16.html#SEC113

The sections you'll need to focus on there are A.7 (checkout), A.8
(commit) and A.16 (update).

Enjoy,

--Dan

--
               PHP classes that make web design easier
        SQL Solution  |   Layout Solution   |  Form Solution