[nycphp-talk] how to use CVS

Emmanuel. M. Decarie emm at scriptdigital.com
Tue Oct 22 13:50:14 EDT 2002

>I am required to use CVS for modifying PHP files, but I know
>absolutely NOTHING about CVS.  Can someone give me a tutorial on how
>to use it?
>
>Thanx
>Phil

Hey, what a coincidence, I just started using it and like it a lot.
CVS is quite nice, but you really need to wrap your mind around it.

I have bought the O'Reilly Pocket Reference on CVS and it helped me
to figure out CVS.
<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cvspr/>

Here's more pointers:

Version Control with CVS on Mac OS X (should also work I guess on
Linux and the BSDs)
http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/cvsoverview.html

Introduction to CVS
http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2002/01/03/cvs_intro.html

Easing Web Application Development with CVS
http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2002/01/31/CVS.html

CVS--Concurrent Versions System
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs.html

CVS--Concurrent Versions System