[nycphp-talk] CQHost and JSP vs. PHP

Brian Preston-Campbell prest5 at preston-campbell.com
Tue Oct 29 09:28:02 EST 2002

Large companies may choose JSP simply because Sun is a publicly traded
company that sells enterprise scale servers with JSP included and provides
active support for their products.  Brand name goes a long way in the
corporate world -- "What company is behind PHP?  Trust our sensitive data
and transactions to an open source product? We should stick with what we
know."  In trying to convince a company to migrate to a LAMP server I was
recentky asked those very questions, so until IBM, Corel and the other "big
names" make some headway in their Linux campaigns, big business as a whole
may not be ready for PHP.

Brian