[nycphp-talk] More Client-Side Grief

Adam Fields fields at surgam.net
Thu Oct 31 11:48:22 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 07:02:20PM -0500, Hans Zaunere wrote:
> Originally I had been using this technique, and of course it works
> great.  However, when the headers are sent back to the popup (which is
> where the form submit happens) I can't find a way to detect that in
> JavaScript and use the new URL to refresh the main window.  As far as I
> could tell, all the obvious stuff doesn't work, ie: when executing from
> the popup, document.location.href always refers to the originally
> requested URL.

True. I've been pairing this with another redirector page that tests
if you're in a popup, and then doesn't do this for popups.

--
				- Adam

-----
Adam Fields, Managing Partner, fields at surgam.net
Surgam, Inc. is a technology consulting firm with strong background in
delivering scalable and robust enterprise web and IT applications.
http://www.adamfields.com