[nycphp-talk] Search Engine Indexable PHP Sites

Bill Patterson patterson at computer.org
Sat Sep 21 14:16:06 EDT 2002

When I helped a client get his site onto search engines last year we found
that we needed to do several things:
1. submit the site (we used a service which I think was www.digitalwork.com)
2. include keywords that are referenced in multiple pages at the site (<meta
name="keywords" content="Construction ...).
3. make sure you have a title that you will want displayed (<meta
name="description" content="XYZ Corp. ....
4. Pepper your text with the keywords (such as "here is a list of services
provided:  Construction, Development, ...).

Remember that the browser really doesn't care if it is reading PHP, ASP, or
plain HTML, because it only sees HTML.  Just make sure that the PHP creates
the HTML that is optimized for search engine exposure.

Good luck!

Bill