Reading a PHP-as-CGI script into another PHP script

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Mon Sep 30 23:23:44 EDT 2002

I have the following URL:

http://valsignalandet.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/ppowell/php4.cgi/~ppowell/my/style.php

This is a PHP script that is evaluated and compiled by a CGI script, php4.cgi, to allow for file and directory manipulation w/o having to change file and directory permissions to world-write.

This URL works just fine as follows:

<!--#INCLUDE VIRTUAL=http://valsignalandet.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/ppowell/php4.cgi/~ppowell/my/style.php -->

If I place this tag inside .shtml files, the results are exactly what I want.. however, I am now required to get the contents of http://valsignalandet.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/ppowell/php4.cgi/~ppowell/my/style.php and place inside another PHP script; to date, nothing occurs.

I am able to read other CGI script inside via fopen("../mycgi.cgi", "r"); and able to read PHP via fopen("../myphp.php", "r"); with no problem.

Does anyone know of a way then that I might be able to produce the contents of a uniquely-formed URL such as http://valsignalandet.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/ppowell/php4.cgi/~ppowell/my/style.php into another PHP script since fopen and require() both do not seem to work in this case?

Thanks
Phil