[nycphp-talk] Problems writing session variables

Daniel Porcher danporcher at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 3 20:26:55 EST 2003

I appear to be setting the Session variables within the program, but nothing
is actually being stored on the server once the program ends.  If I open the
session file after the php file is run, the file is completely blank.

At first I thought the problem was related to the fact that I was using a
redirect after I set the variables, but removing the redirect made no
difference.

Any other thoughts?

My understanding of how sessions should work is you use session_start() to
create a new session if none exists or access the current session, if it
currently exists.  Writing to a session variable will either create a new
one if it doesn't exist or overwrite an existing value if the variable has
already been created.  Is this correct?

Dan

Here are the var_dumps:

POST:
array(4) { ["action"]=> string(9) "loginuser" ["userid"]=> string(10)
"testagency" ["passwd"]=> string(6) "agency" ["submit"]=> string(5)
"Enter" }

SESSION before accessing DB:
array(0) { }

SESSION after writing variables from DB:
array(4) { ["ses_user"]=> string(10) "testagency" ["ses_access"]=> string(1)
"1" ["ses_orgtype"]=> string(1) "1" ["ses_orgid"]=> string(1) "1" }

ID: 8b516266d29b2b69fb47f2c3145f53f9

iisset(SESSION['ses_user']): 1

session_cache_expire 180

session_cache_limiter nocache