[nycphp-talk] Caching only images

NYPHP xml at aumcomputers.com
Fri Apr 4 00:06:57 EST 2003

Hans,

your comment:

"If  user is using an ISP that uses caching, and you have proper caching
headers set on your pages, then it'll save you bandwidth"

Here seems some hope, then i would like to know what are those proper
"caching headers set" that i need to set in my php script. Consider below
example of function header. (page will be cached for for 1 day, including
all objects that reside in it)

header("Cache-Control: max-age=86400, must-revalidate");

Above function caches page on client or isp (for now forget where it
stores), BUT it stores whole document. While i need to store only IMAGES
that resides in this document. So do ineed to write above header in some
other way so that it will cache only images rather than docment? In short is
there any other arguments like
that i can cache only images NOT document. I assume it is possible but i
just don't know how, nor i could find any example anywhere.

Thanks,

Anirudh Zala