[nycphp-talk] Re: Search Engine

bruce at mtiglobal.com bruce at mtiglobal.com
Sun Apr 13 10:34:51 EDT 2003

How will the user be searching for the CD and what is the layout of the
static pages?

Do you ask the user to enter the genre (rock, jazz, rap, etc.), band name,
or album name?

Is the layout by genre, band name, album name, or other?

For an on-search site, you really need some type of database unless you
only have a few pages such that for example you have a page for rock CD's
another one for jazz CD's etc., and the user is confined to this type of
search.

If you have a non-restricted search with 300 pages and the user can put in
genre, band name, album name, all or some, etc., then you would really
need to have a database where you could query by the various fields and
spit out the links to the query results.

Hope this helps.

- Bruce