Installing MySQL 4.0 on Mac OS X

Matthew Zimmerman mz34 at nyu.edu
Mon Apr 14 18:03:32 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am installing MySQL 4.0 on a Mac OSX 10.2.5 server and was having
some trouble. Wondering if anyone else on here had any luck.

I follow the instructions to installing using the Mac OSX package and
when I issue the command

./bin/mysqld_safe &

the daemon starts and then stops.

When I check the hostname.err log these errors are listed

InnoDB: Operating System error number 13 in a file operation.
InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to the
directory.
InnoDB: File named ./ibdata1
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.

I tried to find the file ./ibdata1 but didn't have any luck. I was
going to try to change the permissions on it.

I was hoping someone on here had the same problem and new how to fix it.

Matt