[nycphp-talk] <a href> vs. <form> request

Jerry Kapron jkapron at NewAgeWeb.com
Wed Apr 16 23:07:44 EDT 2003

Chris,

>As my example shows, this is really impossible. You cannot detect it based
on
>the request itself, so you're going to have to think outside of the box.
Since
>it is the authors of the Web sites you are worried about, perhaps the only
>viable solution is for you to check up on them with an automated script of
some
>type, much like you were describing.

I knew that the request seems identical in both cases. That's why I came
here for suggestions. Perhaps when I get some sleep I'll start thinking out
of the box :)  I did not get any sleep in 41 hours.  I really appreciate
your effort in trying to help me.  I think I'll go with the web bot solution
for now.

>Sorry I can't help more. I must admit that I am really curious why it could
>possibly matter. :-)

I wish a could tell you what it's all about.  I should be able to reveal
more when the project is finished.

Thanks,
Jerry