[nycphp-talk] <a href> vs. <form> request

max goldberg max at idsociety.com
Thu Apr 17 14:39:49 EDT 2003

If I recall correctly, you would need to return false so it doesn't
actually continue with the current operation. For instance if you did it
in an onSubmit, returning false would keep the form from submitting
(this is quite useful for form validation).

Just keep in mind that this is all just allusion. If someone really
wants to use a form to do this, they could pull it off with some simple
scripts and a small amount of time. If the security of this application
isn't really mission critical this solution should suffice though.

-Max