[nycphp-talk] cgi from cron

Rolan Yang rolan at omnistep.com
Fri Apr 18 13:42:22 EDT 2003

Does your script make relative (vs absolute) references to files?
There is a possibility that when you're testing, there are directories
included in your PATH, that aren't when cron runs.

Sometimes you have to do dirty scripting stuff to get things working
properly.
For example, the old RealServer daemon use to require starting from the
"/usr/local/realserver" directory and then running "bin/rmserver"
so I had to create something silly like "cd /usr/local/realserver;
bin/rmserver"