[nycphp-talk] PHP Storing Query

jsiegel1 at optonline.net jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Fri Apr 25 09:08:36 EDT 2003

Mike,

Not sure if you got a response to this (I'm on vacation using a crummy dial-up connection so it's hard for me to check email) but the short answer to your question is you should be able to store the query in the Access database. However, I'm not sure if you can do it using PHP (I assume if you're asking the question here you are using PHP) so you may have to use ASP (Active Server Pages). I would be surprised if PHP's ODBC support allows you to create a query and store it in the MS Access database.

I've used ASP against an MS Access database but have not explored the capabilities of writing queries to the MDB file.

Jeff
P.S. If you did a Google search concerning this particular problem, most of the code you'll find...though it is likely to refer to directly to MS Access...you can port it over to ASP with only a few modifications.