[nycphp-talk] mysql_insert_id Strangeness

Russ Demarest rsd at electronink.com
Tue Aug 5 09:45:15 EDT 2003

There are a couple strange things, I am not accustom to.

Why do you define the link column as NOT NULL and then default to ''?
Is this not the equivalent of a contradiction? I doubt this is related.

Maybe I am old school or something but I normally set my mysql_query()
equal to something like so

$sql = "INSERT into table blah blah";
$res = mysql_query($sql) or die("Error insert");
$new_id = mysql_insert_id($res); 	# The $res is not needed, it default
to the last result set returned.

This is a little different than you have it. Maybe try it and see what
happens.

Good Luck