[nycphp-talk] mysql_insert_id Strangeness

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Tue Aug 5 15:09:26 EDT 2003

Folks:

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:45:15AM -0400, Russ Demarest wrote:

> Why do you define the link column as NOT NULL and then default to ''?
> Is this not the equivalent of a contradiction? I doubt this is related.

Doing so saves one byte per record and it saves time when doing queries
since you only have to check for WHERE Field='' rather than having to also
do a WHERE Field IS NULL.

... snipity, snip, snip.  the friendly way to post...

Enjoy,

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/