[nycphp-talk] PHP and framesets

Christopher Hendry chendry at nyc.rr.com
Wed Aug 6 12:57:46 EDT 2003

yeah - what Hans said.

I've had plenty of success dropping PHP into javascript, ie:
<script language='javascript'>
alert('<?=$hello?>');
</script>

One possible solution, though convoluted, would be to have the frameset drop
a cookie with the _top URL and then in the subsequent frame PHP could read
from the same cookie and get the URL.  Otherwise, I often use hidden forms
on the client side and document.submit() the values back into a PHP script -
when I need info from the client-side in the server-side.

I'd love to hear other solutions...