[nycphp-talk] Personalization, Ratings, Suggestions

jim.bishop nyphp at jimbishop.org
Wed Aug 6 13:18:17 EDT 2003

I'm building a system that takes user purchases and turns that information
into a suggested purchases list for other users.  I know Amazon, B&N,
everyone and their dog does it.

Does anyone know of open source packages, online documentation, or howtos
that might help point me in the right direction?  I see several for
purchase products, but I am more interested in doing it myself for the
experience.

Starting from scratch, I figure I'm going to need a database that tracks
user purchases and then software to "score" those purchases for other
users.  It's the scoring portion that I'm finding a little daunting.

Anyone?  Anyone?