[nycphp-talk] Forcing page refresh

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Thu Aug 7 11:18:14 EDT 2003

you could probably get away using a hidden frame on each of the viewers
client and occasionally polling a queue on the server ... let the submit
write the text to the queue/text/db file and then let the viewers poll it
for changes and if changes are made using javascript to reload the
corresponding window ...

i did this once w/ a java applet but i think u can get away w/ a simple php
script ...

- jon

pgp key: http://www.jonbaer.net/jonbaer.asc
fingerprint: F438 A47E C45E 8B27 F68C 1F9B 41DB DB8B 9A0C AF47