[nycphp-talk] Re: IM App

Larry Velez velez at sinu.com
Thu Aug 7 20:48:13 EDT 2003

We built a dedicated chat app for a client's website once.  We used Jabber and a Java client for the front end.  It worked great.
Although they hardly ever had anyone in the chat rooms to really test the system under load.   I know this is not a PHP solution but
I don't think PHP is well suited for a real-time application like IM.

| Larry Velez | http://sinu.com |