[nycphp-talk] open_basedir() error in PHP script

Phil Powell soazine at erols.com
Fri Aug 8 19:58:13 EDT 2003

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Failed opening '/users/ppowell/web/cma/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

I get this error upon opening a PHP script I wrote; however, upon refreshing my browser, the error goes away and usually does not appear again.  The page is not supposed to cache and I have caching turned off on my script:

<?

  // PREVENT CACHING FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE!
  header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");    // Date in the past
  header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT"); // always modified
  // HTTP/1.1
  header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0");
  header("Pragma: no-cache");                          // HTTP/1.0

?>

I have no idea why this happens but I can tell you that this script /cma/index.php will go to a TCL CGI script which will go back to /cma/index.php eventually upon form completion or linkage or some user action.

Phil