[nycphp-talk] Bullet proofing "rmdir" command

Jeff jsiegel1 at optonline.net
Tue Aug 12 11:30:17 EDT 2003

The subdirectory name should, theoretically, take care of uniqueness.
Here's how I generate the subdir name when someone is uploading pics for
the very first time:

$sTime = microtime();
$iDir = md5($sTime);

At no time does the user touch the subdir name (that is...it is not
editable). It is generated automatically and stored in the database. The
only time it is visible, however, is on the "public" side of the site
when someone views the images and looks at the html source.

Jeff