[nycphp-talk] keeping a file secure

Jon Baer jonbaer at jonbaer.net
Thu Aug 14 09:24:38 EDT 2003

a good method is to first secure apache allowing *only* viewing of .pgp
files and then setting up a vpn over an ftp connection (or sftp w/aes).
(the hosts ftp password is worth next to nothing, if the files are deemed
"sensitive" then a vpn is a good investment) and using openssl over apache.

simple automated ssh scripts w/ scp (secure copy) would also be an easy
method.  put the clients pub keys up on the box for quicker access.

- jon