[nycphp-talk] 2 hour EMERGENCY HELP!

Brian Pang bpang at bpang.com
Mon Aug 18 11:26:10 EDT 2003

are you sure that your $ACTUAL_STARTPATH is a full filesystem path?
i.e.   /home/path/to/actual/start/path

the error seems to indicate that you're just trying to move up
relatively to the parent dir

Hopefully you figured it out as I believe that your 2 hour deadline is
long past due :)

> I am facing a 2 hour deadline (it's 4:30EST right now) and I can't get
past this:

> Warning: Unable to create '../content/absolutetruthrelativetruth.txt':
Permission denied in
/home/youth/finesocceryouthsessions-www/include/admin_content.php on line 80

> Warning: Unable to move '/tmp/phpYLgpcn' to
'../content/absolutetruthrelativetruth.txt' in
/home/youth/finesocceryouthsessions-www/include/admin_content.php on line 80

> Warning: chmod failed: No such file or directory in
/home/youth/finesocceryouthsessions-www/include/admin_content.php on line 86

> Please, someone, anyone on earth, HELP!
>
> Code:
>
>     if ($hasSubmittedContent) {
>      $fileName = str_replace(' ', '_', $_FILES['content']['name']);
>      // MOVE TO /content folder AND ADD _ TO ANY SPACES IN ORIGINAL NAME
>      move_uploaded_file($_FILES['content']['tmp_name'],
"$ACTUAL_STARTPATH/content/$fileName");
>     }
>

>     if ($hasSubmittedContent) {
>      // LOCK THE FILES DOWN AND REMOVE THE TEMP FILES - LOCK TO
PREVENT UNPAID USERS FROM VIEWING
>      chmod("$ACTUAL_STARTPATH/content/$fileName", 0700);
>      echo $font . '<font color=000099>File Uploaded: ' .
>           $ACTUAL_STARTPATH . '/content/' . $fileName .
>      @unlink($_FILES['content']['tmp_name']); // SUPPRESS POTENTIAL
WARNINGS IF !is_uploaded_file