[nycphp-talk] Viewing HTTP Headers

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Mon Dec 1 10:58:19 EST 2003

--- felix zaslavskiy <felix at students.poly.edu> wrote:
> I was wondering how to do this a few days ago. I found this little
> program called swiftsurf which is a basic http proxy.

Yeah, I wrote something like this several years ago called Protoscope
(http://protoscope.org/). I rewrote it in PHP about two years ago to see
how stable the sockets extension was, and it's been stagnating ever since.
:-)

What I liked about mine is that it embeds the HTTP transactions in the
content (in addition to logging it), so the bottom of every page has this.
It's definitely the most convenient one I've used.

What is better about something like the Mozilla plugin is that it can
reveal the HTTP for SSL connections, whereas an HTTP proxy cannot (it has
to just create a tunnel). This makes it much better, in my opinion.

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/

PHP Security Handbook