[nycphp-talk] shiflett at linux conf

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Mon Dec 1 22:15:32 EST 2003

--- webmaster at localnotion.com wrote:
> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/5130/1/
>
> "Novell will now go out of its way to make native SuSE a really
> viable OS," concurred Chris Shiflett, an independent PHP developer,
> during Apache.Con. "The NetWare kernel is basically dead. Most
> people got tired of it by around NetWare 4 or 5," he added.

That's interesting, considering I never spoke to anyone about SuSE,
Novell, Linux on the desktop, or anything relevant to this story.

Thanks for the link. While I don't necessarily disagree with the
statements attributed to me, I certainly don't agree with them all (I'm
not a KDE user, for example), and I am not pleased with having my name
used to support someone else's point. This Jacqueline Emigh lady seems to
enjoy making up stories. I wrote about her once already here:

http://shiflett.org/archive/18

Ugh...

Chris

=====