[nycphp-talk] security? we don't need no stinkin security!

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Mon Dec 1 23:40:36 EST 2003

--- Daniel Convissor <danielc at analysisandsolutions.com> wrote:
> phpBB search.php SQL Injection Vulnerability
> http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/9122
> [Gee, you'd think that after already having so many vulnerabilities
> they would have gone through and fixed all their problems. Guess
> not.]

Yeah, someone really needs to write a forum in PHP that doesn't suck.
While they're at it, a CMS that doesn't suck would be nice, too. It's a
shame that there are Perl applications that fit these needs but no decent
PHP representation.

Speaking of "don't need no stinkin' security," here are five more reasons
not to use IE:

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/11/26/HNnewholesinie_1.html

I think IE is beating out the Nukes and phpBB as the software with the
worst security model. :-)

Chris

=====
Chris Shiflett - http://shiflett.org/