[nycphp-talk] Syndication

Daniel Krook danielk at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 4 14:47:23 EST 2003

Creating our own feed would be easier than it was to create the aggregator.
And we can reuse much of the same code that we currently use for "Hot
Threads" on the left nav.

I actually threw together an RSS 2.0 feed last night for one of my own
sites in less than 20 minutes - right after discovering the coolness that
is FeedDemon (from the guy that wrote HomeSite and currently develops
TopStyle) http://bradsoft.com/feeddemon/

I say we tack it on to next week's development meeting agenda.

> We don't - and it would :)  We already have an aggreation page at
> http://nyphp.org/content/rss/ but nothing to feed our content out.

Daniel Krook, Application Developer, Production Services, ibm.com
1133 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY 10604
Tel: (914) 642-4474, Tieline 224-4474
danielk at us.ibm.com

Personal: http://info.krook.org/
Persona: http://w3.ibm.com/persona/users/9/0/x/90MC212-P.html