[nycphp-talk] security? we don't need no stinkin security!

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Fri Dec 5 12:07:18 EST 2003

On second thought:

Suppose -- just hypothetically -- I write a shell script that greps the ps
output for a user-specified string. I could say, here's my shell script
and you're welcome to use it, but it depends on ps and grep being
installed on your system. Is it not a good shell script? Should it have
its own ps and grep functionality built in, independently?

fwiw, I'm not arguing for argument's sake, just trying to learn stuff from
y'all. thanks.