[nycphp-talk] array of object being passed by reference problem

Jeff Barrett jeffb at uniquephoto.com
Mon Dec 8 09:58:40 EST 2003

Eddy,

Definitely remember you!

I found that out the hard way and my boss found a very interesting aspect
that I had never used and only seen once or twice in C type code.

function & method1()
{
	return $this->arrayOfPointers;
}

Notice the & before the method1, that does some nice magic. Makes the
function return pointers, not so sure how it makes that determination yet.
Trying return & $this->arrayOfPointers; gives a syntax error. I am also
curious to find out what the difference is when you preceded the constructor
with the &, does it have global effects? Those more detailed questions will
have to wait until I get this project done.

Thanks for the help Eddy.

Jeff